One of the miracles of life, is pregnancy. During this special time, a woman must take extra care and precautions of her health. Her body can be affected in many different ways, from weight gain to hormonal changes and even her dental health!
Taking care of your teeth during pregnancy is important to your body’s overall health. Some conditions to look out for include can include bleeding gums, dry mouth and morning sickness. If you are experiencing any of these conditions, you should consult your dentist right away.
A few reminders during pregnancy:
1. Continue brushing and flossing twice a day
2. Eat a balanced and nutritious diet
3. Visit the dentist at least twice a year for a checkup. You can have a thorough checkup done before you plan your pregnancy. Otherwise we suggest any treatment mid pregnancy or leave it to post delivery
4. With morning sickness, the levels of acidity in your mouth can be higher. This can cause tooth enamel to soften or tooth decay. To be cautious, rinse your mouth with mouthwash or water. This will help stabilize the acidity levels.
5. Dry mouth can also occur during pregnancy. Make sure to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
For any questions about your dental health during pregnancy, contact us at Southwood Dental Studio in London today!
– Dr. Sanjay AgrawalAppointment Request